Ole Almeborg A/S - a Danish producer of material handling equipment – is determined to take the green agenda on board and make it an integral part of the company’s procedures.
With the assistance of NIRAS a new sustainability strategy was developed, including an action plan. Ole Almeborg A/S chose the UN Sustainable Development Goals as a framework and selected a focus on water, energy, operational health and safety, CO2 emissions, waste, and biodiversity.
In order to identify the best areas of improvement and intervention, NIRAS conducted a production audit for the company. NIRAS identified and investigated 25 different opportunities.
Out of these options, six areas were chosen to be implemented:
- Implement continuous improvement for sustainability.
- Replacement of heating and cooling system in the offices with energy efficient heat pumps
- Leakage repairs on compressed air system.
- Green procurement policy.
- Replacement of painting tunnel that uses less energy and emits less chemicals.
- Replacement of fluorescent lighting with LED to save energy.